.

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Big City Description- Stone Cold Essay Example for Free

Big City Description- Stone Cold EssayI knew I shouldnt drive home breake this, non like this, not today Not any day. I cant turn back now, its too late for that, and in fact it was too late 3 hours ago, sitting on the plane I stare out of the window trying to look at the New York streets, but the shapes are a meaningless blur. Theres hardly any green, I notice every colour of the rainbow, but no green. Its nothing like home focussing out of it- I tell myself sternly. I look at the hole that I dug in the tired upholstery of the worn seat, Thatll be 24 dollars, doll, the cabbie says, his tone of voice clearly implying that this wasnt the first magazine he was trying to get through to me but his face is a mask of nonchalance and amusement, its like he has two personalities that are fighting to show in one way or another Stiffly and without looking him in the eyes, I put a $50 bill in his hand and leave, not waiting for change. The pungent smell of car fumes was unbearable so wa s the measure of the great unwashed.To be quite honest, the whole city came as a huge surprise, the images in books lied, or mayhap they hadnt and I made it out to be more perfect than it actually was Most people were thankfully keeping to themselves, though some were openly staring their icy glares like knives on my back. Others were something Id call rather eccentric, one woman with a homeless sign looked up and smiled, a toothless genuine smile, I would throw off given her money, if not for her eyes they looked like grey polish stones, dead eyes in a live body Dont look into anybodys eyes- I re heading myself.Another man laughed at a joke that only he seemed to hear. sort out then I realized I had stayed in this street for far too long As I walk I look up into the bruised sky, its dotted with greyish clouds I have the sudden urge to clear them away to see nothing but the flares of the celestial sun dramatis personae a dreamy haze upon the sky, announcing the arrival of twili ght.I cant hear crickets- I didnt expect to, though I guess it would be nice to think I was back You dont even have a home- I think bitterly. I hadnt realized I walked this far but I find myself face to face with the Empire State Building My mind starts to wonder what it would be like to step out one of the highest windows, just floating, flying at love-in-idleness like a weightless bird.The last seconds of my life, stretched to minutes, but then would one feeling be outlay hitting the ground in the end? Its not like I would mind dying, not now, with no family or a place I could call home without thinking twice roughly it. Stop it right now My inner voice tells me. Happiness lays somewhere in your future- it carries on, but I dont listen, I have made up my mind, and there was only one path I could take now. I Cyan Kaylock, had a mission I had to prove them wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment